Khadija Omar is a Somali entrepreneur, makeup artist and beauty queen. Here are 10 more things about her:
1. She is originally from Mogadishu, Somalia.
2. She grew up at a refugee camp in Nairobi, Kenya.
3. From Kenya, she moved to Canada.
4. One of her role models is hijabi model Halima Aden, an American citizen of Somali descent.
5. She is 5’6″ tall.
6. In 2020, she entered York University Canada in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to pursue a bachelor’s degree in psychology. She is expected to graduate in 2024.
7. On November 16, 2021, she was officially appointed as Miss World Somalia 2021. She is the first Miss World contestant representing Somalia and the first hijabi Miss World contestant.
8. She was 20 years old when she was crowned Miss World Somalia 2021.
9. As Miss World Somalia 2021, she worked with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the U.N. Association of Uganda and Somali Youth Action in raising awareness and funds for the climate refugees in Somalia.
10. Representing Somalia, she will compete against 39 other quarterfinalists at Miss World 2021 at Jose Miguel Agrelot Coliseum in San Juan on March 16, 2022.