The Somali government on Tuesday pledged to donate $1 million to families of victims of the heinous Al-Shabaab truck bomb attack that occurred last month in Mogadishu.
Somali prime minister, Hassan Ali Khaire said his government will stand shoulder by shoulder with the families of the victim.
“The government of Somalia will deposit $1 million into the account of the committee assigned to help the victims by tomorrow (Wednesday).”
Ads By Google
Over 350 people were killed and more than 600 injured on October 14 when a truck detonated at a busy intersection close to homes to hotels, shops, restaurants, NGOs and government offices.
Khaire said his government flown hundreds of injured to abroad with the help of its ally countries.
The victims who were critically injured in the truck bomb explosion were airlifted to several countries including Turkey, Sudan, Kenya and Qatar for further treatment.
No group has yet officially claimed the responsibility for the worst terrorist attack in Somalia’s violent history, although the Somali government blamed Al-Shabaab for it.
Al-Shabaab, Al-Qaida affiliate has been fighting Somalia’s internationally recognised government to overtake the control.
AMISOM and SNA troops launched operations to flush out from Somalia after the leaders of federal and state government agreed counteroffensive strategy against the group.