Somali PM appoints new ministers
Somali Prime Minister, Hassan Ali Kheire has nominated thirteen individuals to fill the vacant Cabinet slots on Thursday morning.
The PM appointed six ministers, five assistant ministers and two state ministers after their predecessors quit offices for different reasons.
Among the portfolios, the Premier nominated for new individuals are Information and Defense Ministries vacated by Mogadishu Mayor, Abdirahman Omar Osman, and the Speaker of the parliament, Mohamed Abdirahman Mursal respectively.
The other ministry is Humanitarian Affairs which became vacant after Maryan Qassim who resigned from the Post citing disorder in the government.
The following is the list.
1. Hassan Moalim Hussein- Minister for Religious Affairs.
2. Hassan Ali Mohamed- Minister for Defense.
3. Dahir Mohamud Guelleh- Minister for Information.
4. Abdiaziz Abdullahi Mohamed- Minister For Energy and Water.
5. Hamza Saed Hamza- Minuster for Humanitarian and Disaster Management.
6. Abdifatah Mohamed Ibrahim – Minister for Public Works.
1. Dahir Abdi Abdullahi- State Minister for Commerce.
2. Mohamud Mohamed Bunow- State Minister for Security.
1. Adan Isack Ali- Assistant Minister for Information.
2. Isack Mohamed Mohamud assistant Minister Interior.
3. Abdirahman Iidan Yonis- Assistant Minister for Posts and Telecommunication.
4. Mohamed Saed Abdullahi- Assistant Minister for Health.
5. Abdirashid Mohamud Hassan- Assistant Minister for Humanitarian and Disaster Management.