Two advertisement company workers died on Wednesday in Burao town, the breakaway Somaliland.
Sources say the two were trying to mount a billboard in the town centre when the unfortunate incident happened.
“The billboard they were erecting hit high-tension electricity cable, exposing the two to have in contact with open electric wires,” said Ali Khaliif, a local resident in Burao.
He added,”the two with varying degrees of burns dead immediately.”
According to Khaliif, several cases of electrocution have been reported in the town due to poor wiring.
“Several people died previous due to electrocution. The problem is the poor wiring done by incompetent electricians working for power companies,” he said.
The victims were identified as Ahmed Mohamud Adan and Ismail Husein Aynaba.
The bodies are expected to be interred today in one of Burao graveyards.
The residents and authorities have severally held meeting with private power companies over poor wiring.